Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Vicissitudes

In view of the happenings of the past weekend, talking of sports of course. I have felt rather downcast . first it was the narrow loss to Uganda in the Elgon cup, and at home to boot. At the Mecca of Kenyan rugby, nothing can be more distressing than that. Then came the series whitewash of the cricketing lads at the hands of plucky Bangladesh. A team we used to dismiss offhandedly just like that, still at home. At the Nairobi Gymkhana, the Mecca of Kenyan cricket….blaaaah! This dude has a bad taste in the mouth. Am eating humble pie! Kwani why else would I have a bad taste in the mouth.

So much for the rant. If you are a chic pliz stop reading as u can see this is a very manly post.

I got this quote from the movie “V for Vendetta” and we thought the fresh Freddy one liners were hilarious (if not dumb). Boys out there I think this would knock out any sane “Out of my face…..i heard this before” chic, unless of course she has watched the movie or read this post.


"VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V." -- V's introduction to Evey

Hmm if u r a chic and are still reading this just goes ahead to prove the facts that chics don’t listen

Well have yourselves a very vivacious day.

3 comments:

  1. LOL you know you put that there so that chicks can read the next lines!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand that thing where you are told ati you are this so dont do this, that is a clear green light to DO. But in my defense I didnt read I just skimmed through all the V words which I didnt know existed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go on reading because I was V for Vendetta which is one of the best movies this year..... and that my excuse and I am sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about the "V"'s and ask for contextualized comments. So here we go...

    Vandu Vala Ve "V" Vatamukawa na iVinya. Vol exambo.. Vandu Vala Vana iVoo Vana Vandiwe Vamba.

    Don't you ask matha teressa what this means. Just had to look for a way to look for the V's too from around Kenya. Got it.

    Have a life full of V's.

    ReplyDelete