Saturday, August 12, 2006

Am back again


Its been a while , a long while since I posted anything on this blog. And it feels real good to be up and writing again. This has been the most acute bout of any block (bloggers, writers….whatever) I have ever had. It took a lot of cajoling from one of my buddies and a lot of will power to be able to even come up with this post. So here is to keeping promises and to fulfilling pledges. I don’t know the difference between them.

Coming of age

I just commemorated my birthday last Sunday. No bash, no speeches and infact just a few friends knew about it. All I got was a cute watch and a lot of wishes and hugs. Thanks all of you for all the love I received. You all made my day.

L’amite

This is a tribute to friendship. One gift that has kept me going for the past I don’t know how long. I owe it to my friends for who I am right now. Its because of their love to me, their censures and support that I am. I thank you all for putting up with all my innuendos, my silly stunts and plain stupidity at times. It is said that good friends are like stars: you don’t always see them but you know that they are there. Thank you all my dear buddies, my boys and gals. Nyinyi wote nasema ahsante. This is one quote I got that sums up all that you have been to me:

A friend is one
To whom one may pour out all
The contents of one's heart
Chaff and grain, together,
Knowing that the gentlest of hands
Will take and sift it,
Keep what's worth keeping
And blow the rest away.

Dinah Mulock


Wish you a weekend full of friendship

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are back again blueswift. a firend is that person we turn to when we need a life. Some people's lives are keot going because of the worth-keeping friends they have.
    Glad you you listen to the voice of reason and came back. I hope there is no turning back for hearts heal with words, hearts mend with words and the world is made happier with words.

    Welcome back Blueswift.... welcome back. But.. when you need a belated birthday bash, your net friends could organize it for you just to ensure you are wet with dirty water.

    Have a bling bling and an arthur weekend.. wont ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that happiness be at your door all the days of your life, may it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of God's peace, love joy and good health behind. How about this,

    A good friend is like a biker,
    hard to find, but yet so comfortable, supportive, and prevents us from falling. Holds you tight and always close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and a belated happy birthday. Looks like there's many of us August babies around

    ReplyDelete
  4. at this rate al decide to be born in august too.. know wat al call it..choose a day in the month of and thats the when i had a really good and prolonged shower. lol

    ReplyDelete