Friday, September 29, 2006

I Wish

I wish I could play the guitar

Like Bebo Norman

The bass guitar

Like Abe Laboriel

I wish I could play the sax

Like Kenny G

Woodwinds

Like Justo Almario

I wish I could churn out movies

Like Steven Spielberg

Drama series

Like David Kelley

Or reality shows

Like Mark Burnett

I wish I could write more often

Write you more often

Call you more often

I wish I could wish you a happy birthday

On your birth day

Good morning

In the morning

Good night

At night

I wish these wishes were horses

Then I would trot away into the sunset

In a golden chariot

With gallant and majestic outriders

Just to wish you

All that you wish

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, as usual I need a place to cry. I dint expect this. Feels like unleashing the long awaited money box to let go of the money it has been keeping inside. Makes me feel the joy of retreiving treasure that has been kept in for years, for ages. Thanks for not denying me my joy. (Wipes her tears of joy). Thanks BlueSwift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful, beautiful. A'll be frank, i have never read a poem as good. I wish i was the one who wrote it!

    ReplyDelete