Thursday, May 18, 2006

HAPPINESS

I want it, I need it
My happiness
This feeling so strong
This longing
This urge in my soul
They took it away
They yanked it from me
They wrenched it from my grasp
They wrung it
They squeezed it
They squished it
Of its very essence
They milked it dry
It’s all shriveled up

Bang! Bang! Bang!
Hear them shoot
Hot lead tearing into me
To my very heart
Through my very heart
Out my very heart
Kamikaze they said
My death is their gain
My last breath
My pain
My bloodstain
Their hands stained
My heart pained
I want it, I need it
My happiness, my joy
Must have it, must get it
This feeling so strong

6 comments:

  1. whats with this poetry bizness??
    suddenly everyone's for it.
    kama kawaida i shika nothing..
    am trying though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:07 pm

    tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kritik,
    Well boy, dont try too hard. Thats stuff meant for the sentimental guys like us, usijali you will eventually get the hang of it.

    @mia
    Yeah, tragic. But the phoenix always rises from the ashes. The forest rejuvenates after the fire.
    And morning after night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To you i wish you happiness.

    Kritik, love our poems will you?

    To elaborate a bit Kritik

    BS is saying he was happy initially, but with time people take away your happiness.

    Cant you see this
    They yanked it from me
    They wrenched it from my grasp
    They wrung it
    They squeezed it
    They squished it
    Of its very essence
    They milked it dry
    It’s all shriveled up

    A classic.

    I just realized writing poems makes me happy and reading them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love reading poems too. I dont like writing them but when i write any, it squeezes all my energies leaving anyone who reads them so emotionally swept. Let me not do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want it, I need it
    My happiness, yours too
    This feeling so strong
    This longing
    This urge in my soul
    Dont take it away
    Dont yank it from me
    Dont wrench it from my grasp
    Dont wrung it
    Dont squeez it
    Dont squish it
    Of its very essence
    Dont milk it dry
    I want my happiness. Teddy bear, please give it to me! Pleaase

    ReplyDelete